Monday, September 19, 2005

First Post

It seems time to enter this fascinating world of recording thoughts, activities, successes and disappointments. Why? Well, in the first place, this seems like an excellent vehicle to reach out to my customers and to provide a forum in which to establish some dialog. But what exactly am I talking about?

OK, let's step back for a moment. I supposed an introduction is in order.

My name is Peter and I am the father of four and the very lucky husband of a wonderful woman. My background is in the performing arts -- ballet, choreography, lighting design, etc. My profession had been in high-tech until fairly recently. Software development, project management, engineering management, consulting and contracting. After some upheavals, I found myself looking for something that would really satisfy me and decided to start my own company in order to bring some product ideas to market.

My company is Innovatium (www.InnovatiumInc.com) and my first product is The Settlers Organizer, which is a card organizer for the Settlers of Catan series of board games.

I enjoy getting my fledgling company started and bringing my first product to market. It is one of the most satisfying things that I have done in quite some time.

This blog is a vehicle for stepping out of my own little world, to put myself on the line, to reach out to my customers, friends and strangers in order to open some dialog and to make connections.

Thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

At 9/30/2005 6:53 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Welcome to the Blog wolrd!

:-)

 
At 10/13/2005 2:09 PM, Blogger Peter Degen-Portnoy said...

Wow. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home