Thursday, September 29, 2005

US Post Office and 1st Marketing Campaign

The first marketing campaign is just about ready to go out. It is a series of five letters, the purpose of which is to tell retail store owners about Innovatium and The Settlers Organizer.

This marketing campaign has afforded me the opportunity of working with some really great folks. In order to run a cost efficient campaign (OK, read "cheap"), I decided that I would take advantage of Bulk Mail Rates and post office automation. I mean, I like technology, so why not use it? The difference would be that mail pieces could be as little as $0.219 per piece as opposed to $0.37. Add the difference up over a few thousand pieces and we're talking some real money.

On one hand, committing to a Bulk Rate permit, an Indicia Permit (so I can do all the printing myself) and also a Business Reply permit (so that all you fine folks can return your comments), also means committing myself to performing the mailings in order to not loose money, but the mailings would be done anyway. They are still one of the best ways to reach out.

Back to the point. I had an opportunity to work with the folks in the Mailing Requirements department in Boston, MA. Carolyn, Donna, and John helped me to get my permits, understand how to use them and ensured that the artwork (business reply card layout and envelope layout) met requirements. They were patient, very helpful and made getting my mailing out to my potential retail customers possible. I am very grateful to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home